It focuses on buyer satisfaction associated with consumer non-durable goods.
define, measure, analyze, improve, and control.
an approach for mistake-proofing processes.
measures of business growth.
a prevention cost.
a necessary step in Six Sigma implementation.
1. (TCO B) Identify two key components of service system quality. Explain why these components are particularly important to service system quality (when compared to manufacturing system quality). (Points : 30)
2. (TCO I) What criterion is used to classify a failure cost as “internal” versus “external”? Give three examples of an internal failure cost and three examples of an external failure cost.
3. (TCO G) Discuss how the corporate culture is displayed and its role on quality management behavior. Please provide multiple examples. (Points : 30)
4. (TCO F) Explain the importance of a mission statement with respect to Quality Management. (Points : 30)
5. (TCO H) Explain the process of design failure mode and effects analysis and describe how it could be applied to the cashier checkout stand at a supermarket. Make sure you provide at least three examples. (Points : 40)
6. (TCO C) Some people assert that Six Sigma quality levels represent overkill in most industry situations. Counter this assertion with industry examples where less than six sigma level quality would significantly impact industry performance and perhaps social welfare at large. (Points : 40)