1. Question : (TCO A) Which of the following statements is CORRECT?
2. Question : (TCO G) Which of the following statements is CORRECT?
3. Question : (TCO G) LeCompte Corp. has $312,900 of assets, and it uses only common equity capital (zero debt). Its sales for the last year were $620,000, and its net income after taxes was $24,655. Stockholders recently voted in a new management team that has promised to lower costs and get the return on equity up to 15%. What profit margin would LeCompte need in order to achieve the 15% ROE, holding everything else constant?
4. Question : (TCO B) You deposit $1,000 today in a savings account that pays 3.5% interest, compounded annually. How much will your account be worth at the end of 25 years?
5. Question : (TCO B) You sold a car and accepted a note with the following cash flow stream as your payment. What was the effective price you received for the car assuming an interest rate of 6.0%?
Years: 0 1 2 3 4
CFs: $0 $1,000 $2,000 $2,000 $2,000
6. Question : (TCO B) Suppose you borrowed $12,000 at a rate of 9.0% and must repay it in four equal installments at the end of each of the next four years. How large would your payments be?
7. Question : (TCO D) Which of the following statements is CORRECT?
8. Question : (TCO D) Garvin Enterprises’ bonds currently sell for $1,150. They have a six-year maturity, an annual coupon of $85, and a par value of $1,000. What is their current yield?
9. Question : (TCO C) Crockett Corporation’s five-year bonds yield 6.85%, and five-year T-bonds yield 4.75%. The real risk-free rate is r* = 2.80%, the default risk premium for Crockett’s bonds is DRP = 0.85% versus zero for T-bonds, the liquidity premium on Crockett’s bonds is LP = 1.25%, and the maturity risk premium for all bonds is found with the formula MRP = (t – 1) x 0.1%, where t = number of years to maturity. What is the inflation premium (IP) on five-year bonds?
10. Question : (TCO C) Which of the following statements is CORRECT?