Interest on a certain issue of bonds is paid annually with a coupon rate of 8%. The bonds have a par value of $1,000. The yield to maturity is 9%. What is the current market piece of these bonds? The bonds will mature in 5 years.
A certain bond has 12 years left to maturity. Interest is paid annually at a coupon rate of 10%. The bonds are currently selling for $850. What is their YTM?
A certain bond pays a semiannual coupon rate at a 10% annual rate. The bond has a par value of $1,000. There are eight years to maturity. The yield to maturity is 9%. What is the current price of the bond?
A particular corporate bond has a par value of $1,000. Coupon payments are $40 and are paid twice a year. Seven years are left on the life of the bond.The YTM is 9%. What is the price of the bond?
A given bond has 5 years to maturity. It has a face value of $1,000. It has a YTM of 5% and the coupons are paid semiannually at a 10% annual rate. What does the bond currently sell for?
A given bond has five years left to maturity. Interest is paid annually and the annual coupon rate is 9%. The par value of the bond is $1,000. The bond currently sells for $1,000. What is the yield to maturity?
Chapter 9 (pages 303–203)
1. Assume Evco, Inc., has a current price of $50 and will pay a $2 dividend in 1 year, and its equity cost of capital is 15%. What price must you expect it to sell for right after paying the dividend in 1 year in order to justify its current price?
5. NoGrowth Corporation currently pays a dividend of $2 per year, and it will continue to pay this dividend forever. What is the price per share if its equity cost of capital is 15% per year?
6. Summit Systems will pay a dividend of $1.50 this year. If you expect Summit’s dividend to grow by 6% per year, what is its price per share if its equity cost of capital is 11%?
7. Dorpac Corporation has a dividend yield of 1.5%. Dorpac’s equity cost of capital is 8%, and its dividends are expected to grow at a constant rate.
a. What is the expected growth rate of Dorpac’s dividends?
b. What is the expected growth rate of Dorpac’s share price?
12. Procter & Gamble will pay an annual dividend of $0.65 1 year from now. Analysts expect this dividend to grow at 12% per year thereafter until the fifth year. After then, growth will level off at 2% per year. According to the dividend-discount model, what is the value of a share of Procter & Gamble stock if the firm’s equity cost of capital is 8%?