According to Arbitrator Daugherty (Koven and Smith, 2006), there are seven tests of just cause.
1. Was the worker given advance warning of the consequences of his or her conduct?
2. Was the rule, order, or standard reasonably related to employee performance?
3. Was the alleged violation thoroughly investigated before discipline?
4. Was the investigation fair and objective?
5. Did the investigation reveal convincing proof of guilt?
6. Was the employer’s discipline nondiscriminatory?
7. Was the discipline reasonably related to the worker’s record and the severity of the conduct?
How would you answer these questions based on the