1. (TCO 1) The _____ approach of going green is a good example of the firm’s social responsibility in addition to demonstrating the highest degree of environmental sensitivity. (Points : 5)
Question 2. 2. (TCO 2) The Ford Motor Company sold an auto parts company because profitability was low. The main environmental dimension considered was (Points : 5)
Question 3. 3. (TCO 3) The_____ approach of going green is a good example of the firm’s social responsibility in addition to demonstrating the highest degree of environmental sensitivity. (Points : 5)
Question 4. 4. (TCO 4) Which of the following is usually the first type of international business in which a company gets involved? (Points : 5)
Question 5. 5. (TCO 5) If Delta Airlines decides to buy a regional carrier, this would be an example of a(n) _____ plan. (Points : 5)
Question 6. 6. (TCO 6) Identify the statement that is TRUE when comparing large and small businesses. (Points : 5)
Big businesses outnumber small businesses by a wide margin.
Tax policies favor medium-sized businesses.
Small businesses show consistently lower financial performance than big businesses.
Business success creates jobs regardless of size.
Small business formations are on the decline, but the rate for big businesses is increasing.
7. (TCO 1) Identify four skills that a manager needs in order to perform the job efficiently and effectively. Provide brief comments on each. (Points : 10)
8. (TCO 2) Explain the differences among mergers, acquisitions, and alliances. (Points : 10)
9. (TCO 3) Briefly explain the four different approaches to social responsibility that an organization can adopt. (Points: 10)
10. (TCO 4) What are the connections between GATT and the WTO? Explain the role of the WTO.
11. (TCO 7) Briefly explain the situational influences on organizational design. (Points : 10)
12. (TCO 4) Describe three environmental challenges of international management. (Points : 15)
13. (TCO 5) Identify a company and write a brief SWOT analysis for that company. (Points : 15)
14. (TCO 6) Briefly describe industries in which small businesses seem to be most effective and why this seems to be the case. In what area are small businesses least successful in comparison to large businesses? (Points: 15)
15. (TCO 7) In what ways are virtual and learning organizations different from the typical organization? (Points : 15)