1. What qualities might Jim possess that would make him a successful project manager?
2. How do you think Jim should respond to Ella’s implied pressure about the importance of the project to her?
3. What strategies might Jim employ to deal with a very busy team member such as Carmen Sanchez?
1. Look over the scope statement (PE Figure 4-1). If you were an employee at Petrie’s Electronics, would you want to work on this project? Why or why not?
2. If you were part of the management team at Petrie’s Electronics, would you approve the project outlined in the scope statement in PE Figure 4-1? What changes, if any, need to be made to the document?
3. Identify a preliminary set of tangible and intangible costs you think would occur for this project and the system it describes. What intangible benefits do you anticipate for the system?