1. Question: (TCO 2) Which of the following project management activities is associated with project initiation?
◯ Estimating resources and creating a detailed resource plan
◯ Describing project scope, alternatives, and feasibility
◯ Establishing a relationship with the customer
◯ Identifying and assessing risks
◯ Closing down the project
2. Question: (TCO 2) An online or hard-copy repository for all project correspondence, inputs, outputs, deliverables, procedures, and standards that is used for performing project audits, orientation of new team members, communicating with management and customers, identifying future projects, and performing post project reviews is called
◯ a project workbook.
◯ a schedule book.
◯ a project planner.
◯ project management software.
◯ an electronic calendar.
3. Question: (TCO 2) The process of dividing the project into manageable tasks and logically ordering them to ensure a smooth evolution between tasks defines
◯ task division.
◯ work breakdown structure.
◯ work structuring.
◯ project division.
◯ critical path scheduling.
4. Question: (TCO 2) The third phase of the project management process in which the plans created in the prior phases are put into action is.
◯ project planning.
◯ project development.
◯ project initiation.
◯ project execution.
◯ project close down.
5. Question: (TCO 2) Determining the strengths and weaknesses of project deliverables, the processes used to create them, and the project management process is done during
◯ conducting postproject reviews.
◯ closing down the project.
◯ establishing the communication plan.
◯ communicating the project status.
◯ closing the customer contract.
6. Question: (TCO 2) A scheduling technique where the order and duration of the sequence of activities directly affect the completion date of a project refers to
◯ sequencing strategy.
◯ Gantt scheduling.
◯ critical path scheduling.
◯ activity scheduling.
◯ task management.
7. Question: (TCO 2) A technique that uses optimistic, pessimistic, and realistic time to calculate the expected time for a particular task best defines
◯ Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE).
◯ Program Evaluation Review Technique (PERT).
◯ Unified Modeling Language (UML).
8. Question : (TCO 2) Which of the following is one of the three primary activities associated with identifying and selecting IS development projects?
◯ Preliminary investigation of the system problem or opportunity
◯ Identification of potential development projects
◯ Requirements determination
◯ Generate alternative initial designs
◯ Requirements structuring
◯ Instructor Explanation: Chapter 4, page 84
9. Question: (TCO 2) The analysis technique that finds the amount of time required for the cumulative cash flow from a project to equal its initial and ongoing investment is referred to as
◯ return on investment (ROI).
◯ break-even analysis (BEA).
◯ net present value (NPV).
◯ future value (FV).
◯ Currency Rate Analysis (CRA).
10. Question: (TCO 2) The concept of comparing present cash outlays to future expected returns best defines
◯ cost/benefit analysis.
◯ internal rate of return.
◯ time value of money.
◯ investment return analysis.
◯ monetary futures analysis.