1. Question: (TCO 5) Conceptual data modeling is typically done in parallel with other requirements analysis and structuring steps during
◯ systems planning and selection.
◯ systems design.
◯ systems analysis.
◯ systems implementation and operation.
◯ systems evaluation.
2. Question: (TCO 5) A person, place, object, event, or concept in the user environment about which the organization wishes to maintain data refers to a(n)
◯ data element.
3. Question: (TCO 5) Vehicle identification number, color, weight, and horsepower best exemplify
◯ entity types.
◯ data markers.
4. Question: (TCO 5) An association between the instances of one or more entity types that is of interest to the organization best defines
◯ natural connection.
◯ entity link.
5. Question: (TCO 5) The number of entity types that participate in a relationship refers to
6. Question: (TCO 5) A simultaneous relationship among instances of three entity types is a
◯ unary relationship.
◯ binary relationship.
◯ ternary relationship.
◯ multiple occurrence.
◯ recursive join.
7. Question: (TCO 5) If entity B is a mandatory participant, then
◯ the minimum cardinality of the relationship is two.
◯ the minimum cardinality of the relationship cannot be defined.
◯ the minimum cardinality of the relationship is one.
◯ the minimum cardinality of the relationship is optional.
◯ the join level is not null.
8. Question: (TCO 6) During which of the following steps will you bring the current phase to a close, prepare a report and presentation to management concerning continuation of the project, and get ready to move the project into design?
◯ Designing the human interface
◯ Requirements determination
◯ Project initiation and planning
◯ Alternative generation and selection
◯ Requirements structuring
9. Question: (TCO 6) Which of the following is a true statement regarding high-end alternatives?
◯ High-end alternative design strategies often do not involve computer technology; instead they focus on making paper flows more efficient or reducing redundancies in current processes.
◯ High-end alternative design strategies represent compromise solutions.
◯ Functionality is the primary focus of high-end alternative design strategies.
◯ High-end alternative design strategies provide all the required functionality users demand with a system that is minimally different from the current system.
◯ None of the above
10. Question: (TCO 6) A good number of alternatives to generate is