iLab 2 of 7: Managing Project Resources
General Comments about the Microsoft Project Exercises
Once the base schedule has been created, resources can be assigned to tasks. To complete that this week, we will:
- Create a list of resources.
- Assign resources to tasks.
- Assign costs to resources.
- Use resource information to determine a preliminary cost for the project.
- Complete Lesson 2.
- A printout of your Table: Entry showing all columns, but no Gantt chart
- A printout of your Table: Cost showing all columns but no Gantt chart
- Print the Summary Report.
- Print the Budget Report.
- Print the Who Does What report.
- Print the Overallocated Resources report.
All of the following deliverables are required (in a zip file) to receive full credit:
- Completed MyLab2_XXX.mpp
- Completed Review Questions
- Printouts/Screenshots contained in Week_2_Printouts_XXX.docx
When submitting required printouts, if you are not bringing them to class, from the Print Preview Page, take a screen shot (in Windows ) of the report and paste the screen shot to a MS Word Document. Make sure to crop the screen to show only the report. After cropping, resize the image appropriately. If the printout is on more than one page, paste each page individually.
Save the Word document containing printouts as Week_2_Printouts_XXX.docx, and submit this file to the Week 2 iLab Dropbox in a zip file along with the MyLab2_XXX.mpp file and the completed Review Questions at the end of Lesson 2. Remember to replace “XXX” in the file names with your initials, and ensure that all of your files are all clearly labeled and include your initials in the file name.