iLab 4 of 7: Working with Calendars
General Comments about the Microsoft Project Exercises
Calendars are tools that can be assigned to the project and to individual resources. The calendars can change the length of the workdays and schedule individual vacations. To work with the calendars, we will:
- Change the working and non-working time on Standard Calendar.
- Change the working and non-working time on a Resource Calendar.
- Create new base calendars.
- Assign different base calendars to resources.
- Complete Lesson 4.
- Print the Project Summary Report.
- Print the Gantt Chart View. (Include only those columns up to and including the Finish Date column and the Gantt chart. Print this on two pages wide.)
- Print the Who Does What When Report. (Print this on three pages.)
- Print the Task Usage Report.
All of the following deliverables are required (in a zip file) in order to receive full credit:
- Completed MyLab4_XXX.mpp
- Completed Review Questions
- Printouts/Screenshots contained in Week_4_Printouts_XXX.docx
When submitting required printouts (if you are not bringing them to class), take a screenshot (in Windows ) of the report from the Print Preview page and paste the screenshot to an MS Word document. Make sure to crop the screen to show only the report. After cropping, resize the image appropriately. If the printout is on more than one page, paste each page individually.
Save the Word document containing printouts as Week_4_Printouts_XXX.docx, and submit this file to the Week 4 iLab Dropbox in a zip file along with the MyLab4_XXX.mpp file and the completed Review Questions at the end of Lesson 4. Remember to replace “XXX” in all the file names with your initials, and ensure that all of your files are clearly labeled.