iLab 5 of 7: Resource Workloads
General Comments about the Microsoft Project Exercises
A project schedule cannot be confirmed until all resource variations and overallocations are managed. To do this we will:
- View resource workloads.
- Locate resource conflicts.
- Use automatic leveling to resolve resource overallocations.
- Manually resolve resource overallocations.
- Complete Lesson 5.
- Print the Gantt Chart View. (Include only those columns up to and including the Finish Date column and the Gantt chart. Print this item on two pages wide.)
- Print the Project Summary Report.
- Print the Task Usage Report.
All of the following deliverables are required (in a zip file) to receive full credit:
- Completed MyLab5_XXX.mpp
- Completed Review Questions
- Printouts/screenshots contained in Week_5_Printouts_XXX.docx
When submitting required printouts (if you are not bringing them to class), take a screenshot (in Windows ) of the report from the Print Preview page and paste the screenshot to an MS Word document. Make sure to crop the screen to show only the report. After cropping, resize the image appropriately. If the printout is on more than one page, paste each page individually.
Save the Word document containing printouts as Week_5_Printouts_XXX.docx, and submit this file to the Week 5 iLab Dropbox in a zip file along with the MyLab5_XXX.mpp file and the completed Review Questions at the end of Lesson 5. Remember to replace “XXX” in all the file names with your initials, and ensure that all of your files are clearly labeled.